OARS is accepting applications for a RIVER STEWARDSHIP COORDINATOR.
We are seeking an energetic and dedicated person to coordinate river stewardship activities.
The River Stewardship Coordinator:
- Engages volunteers in field work.
- Researches relevant policies and scientific studies.
- Assists the Executive Director responding to issues within the watershed.
- Represent OARS at regional and state meetings on water resource stewardship.
- Assist with public outreach and education, including workshops and meetings, news articles and press releases, and uses social media to increase OARS' visibility.
Bachelors degree in environmental policy or stewardship, conservation, or a related field. Course work and work experience should demonstrate working knowledge of environmental conservation and policies pertaining to water resource management. Enjoyment of kayaking, canoeing or fishing and knowledge of the SuAsCo watershed are assets.
OARS staff are self-starters, confident, creative, and work as a team. The ideal candidate feels comfortable speaking to groups, managing teams, and working independently. Excellent written, spoken, analytical, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Employment Details
This is a part-time paid position, 20 hr/week on average, occasionally including weekends and evenings.
• How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: OARS, 23 Bradford Street, Concord, MA 01742 or email (put "River Stewardship Coordinator" in subject line) by May 29, 2015.
OARS is an equal opportunity employer.