Job Opportunity Protecting our Three Rivers
Would you like to work to protect a Wild & Scenic River near metro Boston?
The National Park Service is recruiting a coordinator for the Sudbury, Assabet and Concord Wild & Scenic River Stewardship Council (RSC). These three rivers are exceptional recreational, ecological and historical resources just 20 miles west of Boston. They also struggle with the challenges of a history of intensive use in a rapidly developing area.
The Coordinator will:
• assist the RSC in implementing the River Conservation Plan
• work with partner organizations and agencies, and engage volunteers and local communities to implement conservation and recreation programs, including the annual RiverFest
• assist the RSC in developing and implementing annual work plans for conservation, recreation and public education
• undertake administrative tasks of the RSC and manage various cooperative agreements and contracts
• keep the RSC website and social media informative, up-to-date and accurate.
This is a GS-9 term position, 24 hrs/wk, under supervision of the National Wild & Scenic Rivers Program’s New England Team Leader. Salary range $31-41,000, plus benefits. The office is located at 15 State Street, Boston, with flexibility to work from home and in field locations. Will involve some evening meetings and weekend events.
Higher education and/or professional experience in a related field. See position posting